This is a privacy notice of United Fuels.
United Fuels and Lubricants LLP values your privacy and takes great care to protect any information you provide us with. We comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down by the UK DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998, to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully. No personal information is publicly accessible.
Please read our policy below for details on how we use any information you give us.
- We will only ask for personal information required to complete an order with us.
- We will only use such information for this purpose and internally in day to day operations.
- If requested we will tell you any and all information we have about you.
- If you would like any of this information deleted and changed please contact us.
- If changes are requested or you have forgotten information about your account we may ask you to prove your identity in order to protect our customers from fraudulent activities.
1. Our commitment to protecting privacy.
At United Fuels and Lubricants LLP we are committed to the highest standards of protecting your privacy and do so in a number of ways. We only use the information that you supply to process orders, provide a more personalised service and, unless otherwise specified by you, to contact you in the event of special offers or prices. This website is operated by United Fuels and Lubricants LLP if you have any questions please go to our contact us page.
2. What information we need to capture for orders and why we need it?
When you order from United Fuels and Lubricants we need to know your name, address, delivery address if different, email and contact telephone number. This allows us to process your order and to notify you of the status of the order. In order for us to contact you quickly in relation to your order we require a contact telephone number. When you pay by credit or debit card we will request the card type, card number, expiry date, CV2 and in the case of debit cards we may request your issue number.
3. What information we need to capture for competitions and promotions and why we need it?
When you enter a competition or promotion online, we will request your name, address, postcode, email and contact telephone number. This allows us to manage the competition and notify winners. We do not know your email address unless you give it to us by completing an online form, or by emailing us. We only use this internally and do not disclose it to other organisations under any circumstances.
We personalise your visit to the site by using your personal details, your previous purchases and enquiries in order to make the process simpler and more enjoyable for you the customer. We do this using ‘cookies’ (please see section 7 for more information on ‘cookies’).
5. What do we use the information for and why?
We may from time to time use your contact details to inform you of offers, competitions, promotions and changes to the services and website. If you would rather not receive this information either tick the box relating to this at the point of order, or send an email to email@example.com from the email address you signed up with. If you hold more than one account please be aware that you will need to do this for each account. We use statistical information to improve the content of our website and analyse what pages people visit in order to provide you with a better, more efficient service.
6. How we protect the information you give us?
We protect the personal information that you supply and only specific employees of United Fuels and Lubricants LLP can access this information. For any credit or debit card details taken we offer a secure server service. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all credit and debit card details you input before they are sent to us.
7. Do we use “cookies”?
8. Who do we disclose this information to and why?
We do not share or sell your information to third party mailing lists or databases. We prevent unauthorised access through strict security measures and we will require proof of identity from customers before we disclose sensitive information.